5 key reasons why salespeople resist using CRM systems
In this video, ECLEVA’s CEO Patrick Northcott talks about the 5 key reasons why salespeople resist using CRM systems.
- They are often perceived as difficult to use and time consuming to maintain.
- Spending time capturing information is seen as taking time away from personal contact with prospects and customers.
- Cloud-based CRM systems are accessible across multiple devices. However, the mobile user experience is often not properly configured making it hard to access account information. Their phone address book will often trump the CRM system.
- Some salespeople are very territorial and view adding sales tactical information into a CRM system will encourage peers to steal their ideas.
- Leadership often doesn’t lead by example. For example, relying on CRM reporting to drive decisions and holding salespeople accountable for meeting sales targets, is only possible if salespeople fill in key info into the CRM.
Work with a CRM Technology expert that specialises in configuring CRM systems. An easy to use system will encourage salespeople and other team members to capture vital customer information.