6 key ways to get real value from your vendor relationships
In this video, ECLEVA’s CEO Patrick Northcott shares 6 key ways to get real value from your vendor relationships. When selecting vendors ensure they:
- Have a culture of building long term relationships.
- Can complement your internal IT skills gaps and have the capability and skills that you can align to your organisation’s strategic goals.
- Proactively share best practices and relevant sector knowledge.
- Have an appetite for IP sharing. For example, if they build functionality that can be incorporated into their standard product, they may be open to offering low cost development in exchange for your sector knowledge. You benefit from any future enhancements in the standard product and better support.
- Are willing to share the implementation risk by only allowing the ongoing licencing agreements to commence once the system is fully implemented.
- Proactively inform you of changes to licencing arrangements and how these may benefit your organisation.
Work with a technology expert to help you develop a vendor selection process that will ensure you maximise the value you will get from your vendor partnerships.