Getting Customer feedback is important! Acting on it is vital! Here is how ECLEVA is using insights to embed a Customer Centric mindset.
By Chirag Khunt
Founded in 1996, ECLEVA is a Business Systems Consultancy with deep industry and technology expertise. We help our clients build business line applications that lead to customer satisfaction, team enjoyment, increased productivity, and the confidence to make timely and informed decisions.
In the spirit of practicing what we preach, we have been redesigning the way we collect customer feedback, report and analyse it and embed it in our way of working.
The challenges with Customer Support
As an organisation, we specialise in building business applications, integrating systems and automating processes. Once projects are completed, we provide ongoing support to our clients. Whilst this is a great service to our clients, it makes it challenging for our engineers to support a variety of customised systems. As an organisation, our challenge is to maintain a consistently high standard of personalised support.
We manage this challenge in several ways including:
- Keeping the same development and support teams working with the same clients over time. This helps the team develop a good understanding of the client’s systems and needs.
- Capturing support tickets centrally, however, the engineers that work on the related client are responsible for solving the customised business application requests, whilst the Support Engineers manage standard applications and infrastructure queries.
To ensure this model works well, it means:
- All queries need to be received and triaged appropriately.
- We need to solve issues in a timely manner.
- We need to capture feedback from clients as to how satisfied they are with the resolution.
- The results need to be reported on and shared with Senior Management.
- The feedback gets fed into our continuous improvement processes.
- Senior Management discuss the results in their weekly Management meetings and ensure issues are dealt with quickly.
So how do we gather customer feedback on solved cases?
When we spoke to some of our customers on the most effective way to get their feedback, the answer was “keep it really simple.”
In line with our customers’ feedback, we designed an email where the client clicks one button and their response is automatically captured against that case in our CRM system.
If we receive “Dissatisfied” or “Keep the issue open,” either our Client Delivery Managers or our Support Engineers contact the client directly to get a better understanding of their response. This approach ensures we get a richer picture of any issues or clarify any miscommunications quickly.
Embedding a Client First mentality in our Culture
There is an understanding by the leadership team that if you provide customised solutions for clients, it is vital that they feel supported ongoing. Therefore, one of the critical numbers discussed at the weekly Senior Exec Team is how satisfied our clients are with the resolution of their tickets.
To inform this weekly discussion the team has built a real-time Power BI dashboard that analyses the data in several ways. This enables the management team to quickly identify and deal with issues, celebrate successes and identify any trends that may provide some lead indicators on issues that may arise. For instance, if we consistently see changes in the way clients provide feedback over time, it signals that we need to take a deep look at what could be causing the variances.
For the ECLEVA team, this way of working provides a good view of our client satisfaction level and enables us to act appropriately and timely. The more feedback we get the better we can improve our ongoing support.
For our Clients, our aim is to make them feel valued and reinforce that we are committed to solving their issues.